Sr. Database Developer
DirecTech Labs is hiring a Sr. Database Developer to join our fast-growing start-up. Join an incredible group of humans levering behaviour science and AI that brings direct and social selling into the information age. We help our customers create more effective and compelling income opportunities for millions of people who will be automated out of work in the years to come. Learn more at www.directechlabs.com, and on our Youtube channel.
As a Database Developer, you will design, develop, test, and implement efficient, scalable, and highly available database applications. You’ll possess a strong database background along with problem solving skills, and ability to communicate effectively within a team. You’ll serve as our database developer in an agile project environment.
About DirecTech Labs:
DirecTech Labs is a data science company building disruptive innovations for and in partnership with, the $186B direct selling industry. DTL focuses on delivering predictive analytic and machine learning products and services that help millions of micro-entrepreneurs around the world realize the business opportunities they’ve signed up for.
You will love working on the DirecTech Labs team supporting our partners and customers as we create technologies which will impact the lives and socio-economic status of 100M direct sellers around the world! Your colleagues will become your friends and chosen family, holding each other up and accountable as we disrupt and evolve a global industry together, stretching, growing, laughing and solving big problems.
What You'll Do
- Learn & Maintain SAAS databases for the product
- Writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Complex T-SQL queries
- Optimizing queries using Query Execution Plan and implementing Indexes
- Lead the Data Services team in implementing best practices for a multi-tenant SaaS database including data modelling, design, development, testing, and production support
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs
- Work in a highly Agile/Scrum environment to support incremental delivery of functionality
What You'll Need
- You have 6 to 8 years working experience with Data Analysis, Data modeling, Database Designing, SQL and working with large data sets
- You have a BS in Computer Science or Information Systems from a tier 1 university. Preferably a MS.
- Expert working with Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016
- You have an expert command of SQL Server and RDBMS administration
- Strong knowledge multiple cloud technologies including VPC, EC2, S3; should have relevant experience of moving data from RDBMS sources to Columnar DB (Redshift)
- Good experience with SSIS ETL tool, extensive knowledge in Deploying SSIS Packages and expert knowledge of SQL Query, Stored Procedures, functions and views
- You don't shy away from a challenge, are curious and looking to make a big impact
- You are comfortable wearing multiple hats and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty
- You know how to spot an issue (technical or interpersonal) and can tactfully and effectively resolve it before pressure starts to build.