Senior Database Developer
As a Database Developer, you will design, develop, test, and implement efficient, scalable, and highly available database applications. You’ll possess a strong database background along with problem solving skills, and ability to communicate effectively within a team. You’ll serve as our database developer in an agile project environment.
- Learn & Maintain SAAS databases for the product
- Writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Complex T-SQL queries
- Optimizing queries using Query Execution Plan and implementing Indexes
- Lead the Data Services team in implementing best practices for a multi-tenant SaaS database including data modelling, design, development, testing, and production support
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs
- Work in a highly Agile/Scrum environment to support incremental delivery of functionality
- You have 6 to 8 years working experience with Data Analysis, Data modelling, Database Architecture/Designing, SQL and working with large data sets
- You have a BS in Computer Science or Information Systems from a tier 1 university. Preferably a MS.
- Expert working with Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016
- You have an expert command of SQL Server and RDBMS administration
- Strong knowledge multiple cloud technologies including VPC, EC2, S3; should have relevant experience of moving data from RDBMS sources to Columnar DB (Redshift)
- Good experience with ETL tools and expert knowledge of SQL Query, Stored Procedures, functions and views
- You know how to spot an issue (technical or interpersonal) and can tactfully and effectively resolve it before pressure starts to build.